Did you know there’s more than one way to throw an axe?
If you think it’s just a matter of hurling it in the air as hard as you can, you’re a little off mark. Although the hurling part is nearly right!
This fun activity is perfect for a multitude of occasions, including Manchester hen parties, stag do's and birthdays.
Over the course of one hour, a dedicated instructor from the Adventure Now team will guide you through the various movements, including two-handed, one-handed and underarm techniques, just to name a few.
Different styles suit different people, and you’ll also be matched with an axe appropriate for your size and the amount of time you spend pumping iron in the gym!
Once you’ve familiarised yourself with your weapon and picked a throwing style, you’ll be let loose on the targets and coached through a series of fun games and competitions. Unleash your inner warrior!
Minimum age 12
All equipment provided
Dress for the weather
Please do not wear open-toed shoes
Directions will be provided on booking, as site is accessed via a track from Grange Road
- Arrival Time
Allow 5 minutes to get from Grange Road to the site, as you have to drive along a 2-mile track.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your session starts.
This will give you time to get checked in and ready for the session.
• Do NOT try to navigate directly to Adventure Now as you may get directed via a blocked road.
• Our Manchester site is set in private woodland, so has no postcode.
• You MUST follow the track from Grange Road, Eccles, which has the postcode M30 8JQ
If you use the what3words app, try space.depth.minute to get you to the track.
• Drive to the end of Grange Road, then drive over the motorway bridge to your left.
• Follow the track for about 2 miles; don't get dropped off then try to walk.
• You'll pass a farm called 'The Grange' on your left; it is a private road but that’s OK, keep going.
• You’ll soon start to see yellow signs for Adventure Now, turn right and keep going, you'll
shortly pass a small, white house on your right.
• Drive past the 'Worsley Air Gunners', then there are two left turns, take them both, they are
signposted ‘Adventure Now’. The second left turn takes you into the woods, keep going until
you see us on your right, before you get to Delta Force Paintball.
- If you are Late
If you are late, you may miss some or all of your session. We will do our best to accommodate
people, but sessions need to start on time. If you are not there for the start of the Safety Briefing,
you may have to wait until it is convenient for the instructor to get you started.
If you are late for Quad Biking, you may miss the safety brief and the group may leave without
you. We cannot allow latecomers to cut a session short for other people that arrived on time.
No refund or rescheduling will be allowed if you are late or miss your session.
A parent or guardian MUST always remain with the children in their care. Our instructors cannot
supervise children when they are not on activities.
In the event you have booked an adult session and bring a child under the age of 18, we may not
be able to accommodate them on the session.
- What to Wear
Our activities are outdoors, so dress for the weather, bearing in mind the weather can change.
Please do not wear open toed shoes or sandals.
Botany Bay Woods, Grange Rd Eccles, Worsley , Manchester, M30 8JQ, UK